Series 41R High Performance Butterfly Valve for Sugar Industry
Bray Series 41R Double Offset High Performance Butterfly Valve
Valves Online are proud to offer the Bray/McCannalok line of specially designed high performance butterfly valves for the Sugar Industry.
These valves are structured to handle the low pressure steam of evaporators. This is also the same valve that for 30 years has proven to be the leader in double offset design for the process industry.
This valve incorporates the same proven design features of the standard Bray/McCannalok valve but in a lighter, more economical configuration specifically designed for the sugar industry steam services. It can be used along with the standard higher pressure Bray/ McCannalok butterfly valves and shares the same spare parts, thereby reducing the need for special or different inventory.
The Bray/McCannalok’s unique, patented design received Chemical Processing’s Vaaler Award for Best Product shortly after it was introduced. The simple, innovative design offers rugged reliability and extremely easy maintenance in the field. Independent and internal tests have proven Bray/ McCannalok’s superior service life capability, with zero leakage shutoff through over 100,000 cycles. The Bray/ McCannalok valves can be easily automated with manual, pneumatic or electric actuators.
- Steam Valves for Evaporators
- Evaporator Steam and Escape Valves
- 100% Bi-Directional Bubble-tight
- Large Cv
- Easy Automation
- Award-winning Design
- Lighter Weight
- Size Range: 16" - 54" (400mm - 1400mm)
- Body Style: Lug
- Temperature Range: -29°C to 260°C (-920°F to 500°F)
- Pressure Ratings: 100 PSI
- Shutoff Rating: Zero Leakage
- Body Materials: Phosphatized Ductile Iron
Phosphatized Carbon Steel
- Disc Materials: Carbon Steel with Stainless Steel Edge
- Stem Materials: Stainless Steel
- Seat Materials: RTFE
- Applications: Sugar Industry
The Heart of the Bray/McCannalok Valve
The unique, two-part seat assembly consists of a resilient energizer which is totally encapsulated by the seat. The assembly is locked in the body recess by a full-faced seat retainer. This simple, reliable and proven combination results in many exclusive advantages including:
- The energizer is completely isolated from all contact with the line media by the seat.
- Serrations in the seat retainer and body recess secure the seat assembly in place regardless of disc position.
- The full-faced retainer is bolted to the body, locking the seat in the correct position. The seat is secured even without the mating flange.
- The closely confined and well supported seat is energized by the disc and line pressure. The higher the pressure, the tighter the seal. In low pressure and vacuum applications, the energized seat offers superior sealing and longer service life than many other designs.
- Line media is sealed to zero-leakage in both directions.
- The seat is self–adjusting for wear and temperature changes.
- Seat replacement is extremely easy. Just remove the seat retainer, rotate the disc into the closed position and place a new seat assembly in the machined recess of the body. This simple procedure will not disturb the disc or stem.
Double Offset Stem and Disc Design
The double offset design of the Bray/McCannalok assures reduced seat wear and bi-directional, zero leakage shutoff throughout the full pressure range. At the initial point of disc opening, the offset disc produces a cam–like action, pulling the disc from the seat. This cam–like action reduces seat wear and eliminates seat deformation when the disc is in the open position. When open, the disc does not contact the seat, therefore seat service life is extended and operating torques are reduced. As the valve closes, the cam–like action converts the rotary motion of the disc to a linear type motion to effectively push the disc onto the seat. The wiping action of the disc against the seat prevents undesirable material build-up from slurries or suspended solids.
The following downloads are available for the Bray Series 41R Double Offset High Performance Butterfly Valve: