Bray Series 41 Pneumatic Actuated Butterfly Valve ANSI 150 Stainless Steel
Pneumatic Actuated High Performance ANSI 150 Stainless Steel Double Offset Butterfly Valve
This High Performance Pneumatically Operated Stainless Steel Lugged ANSI 150 Bray Series 41 Double Offset Butterfly Valve is designed to handle a wide range of conditions and media such as corrosive chemicals, water, gases, acids, alkalis, hydrocarbons plus many other fluids. Suitable for temperatures up to 260°C. Body in Stainless Steel, with Stainless Steel Disc and RTFE + Silicone Seats.
Fitted with a powerful pneumatic, spring return or double acting actuator.
This high performance lugged double offset butterfly valve offers zero leakage shut-off. This unique valve
delivers the highest quality and value available for meeting today’s demanding requirements. Temperatures range from -62°F to 500°F (-52°C to 260°C).
Bray high performance butterfly valves offer a lightweight and simple to install alternative to more tradition, bulkier designs including ball and globe valves.
Suitable to fit between ANSI 150 flanges.
- Bray Pneumatic Actuated Butterfly Valve
- High Performance
- Bray Series 41
- Lugged ANSI 150
- Double Offset
- Stainless Steel Body
- Stainless Steel Disc
- RTFE Liner
- Double Acting or Spring Return Options
- Sizes: 2 1/2" to 12"
- Temperature: -52°C to +260°C
The Heart of the Bray/McCannalok Valve
The unique, two-part seat assembly consists of a resilient energizer which is totally encapsulated by the seat. The assembly is locked in the body recess by a full-faced seat retainer. This simple, reliable and proven combination results in many exclusive advantages including:
- The energizer is completely isolated from all contact with the line media by the seat.
- Serrations in the seat retainer and body recess secure the seat assembly in place regardless of disc position.
- The full-faced retainer is bolted to the body, locking the seat in the correct position. The seat is secured even without the mating flange.
- The closely confined and well supported seat is energized by the disc and line pressure. The higher the pressure, the tighter the seal. In low pressure and vacuum applications, the energized seat offers superior sealing and longer service life than many other designs.
- Line media is sealed to zero-leakage in both directions.
- The seat is self–adjusting for wear and temperature changes.
- Seat replacement is extremely easy. Just remove the seat retainer, rotate the disc into the closed position and place a new seat assembly in the machined recess of the body. This simple procedure will not disturb the disc or stem.
Double Offset Stem and Disc Design
The double offset design of the Bray/McCannalok assures reduced seat wear and bi-directional, zero leakage shutoff throughout the full pressure range. At the initial point of disc opening, the offset disc produces a cam–like action, pulling the disc from the seat. This cam–like action reduces seat wear and eliminates seat deformation when the disc is in the open position. When open, the disc does not contact the seat, therefore seat service life is extended and operating torques are reduced. As the valve closes, the cam–like action converts the rotary motion of the disc to a linear type motion to effectively push the disc onto the seat. The wiping action of the disc against the seat prevents undesirable material build-up from slurries or suspended solids.
|Design||Lugged, Double Offset High Performance|
|Flange Accomodation||ANSI 150|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel|
|Size||2 1/2" (DN65), 3" (DN80), 4" (DN100), 5" (DN125), 6" (DN150), 8" (DN200), 10" (DN250), 12" (DN300)|
|Disc Material||Stainless Steel|
The following downloads are available for the Bray Series 41 Pneumatic Actuated Butterfly Valve ANSI 150 Stainless Steel: